All women of the church are “Presbyterian Women” and are invited to participate in all of the activities that are offered by PW. Our coordinating team meets annually to set a schedule of events, and as needed to work on anything else in our province such as memorial receptions or other all-church events we host.
Presbyterian Women happenings at MCPC :
- Monthly lunch gathering at local restaurants
- Worship on Women in the Church Sunday
- annual one-day Women’s Retreat
- “We Survived Winter” Brunch
- “Fall Fashion Fling for Food”, bringing in gently-worn gems to share with each other and collecting canned goods for MCHPP
- Cookie Baking Marathon for the Christmas Fair
- the MCPC Christmas Fair (an all-community event)
- annual Christmas Tea
We also join with women from across the Presbytery of Northern New England. There is an Annual Spring Retreat for the PW of PNNE, which provides an opportunity to meeting new women of faith and seeing old friends from around the Presbytery. Finally, it is worth noting that the Presbyterian Women of MCPC are part of a larger, denomination-wide organization of Presbyterian Women.
PURPOSE OF THE PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN PC(USA)
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ,
and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- to support the mission of the church worldwide,
- to work or justice and peace, and
- to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witness to the promise of God’s kingdom.