A note from Paul Brown, MCPC’s Habitat4Humanity coordinator
THE HABITAT FOR HUMANITY SPRING WALK TO BUILD WILL BE HELD…VIRTUALLY!
FRIDAY, MAY 15 TO TUESDAY, JUNE 30, 2020
Dear Mid-Coast Family,
Yes! Habitat for Humanity/7 Rivers Maine is indeed going ahead with its major fundraiser of the year, the 2020 edition of THE SPRING WALK.
And yes, MCPC will again be an active supporter of this event……from a virtual perspective. This year everyone can participate, either by “walking” and donating or by simply donating.
The VIRTUAL Spring Walk to Build is being launched amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, and all our help is needed to make it a success. This event certainly will look different this year. We will not be able to walk together as we have done for the past 26 years. Your efforts to help with fundraising will be different too. With all our support, we will be able to contribute as a walker and/or donor in different ways as individuals (no walking together 😢):
- “walk” in the comfort of your home (e.g; treadmill), in your yard, around the neighborhood or at a nearby park, while observing COVID-19 guidelines. Just pick a date over a six-week interval and “go for it”!
- register to walk by joining the MCPC Team via the web, e-mail or phone
- donate with credit or debit cards via the web or mail a check
Details for walkers and donors:
BE A WALKER:
Join the MCPC team and help us fund raise. There are three ways you can be a virtual walker for MCPC:
1. You can register to walk online here https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/habitat-spring-walk-to-build-2020.
Click on the above event page link (or cut-and-paste it to your browser).
Click on the Join button
Click on Join a Team
Click on the Mid-Coast Presbyterian Team picture
Follow the steps to set up an account, or log in if you setup an account in prior years
2. Prefer not to register for the walk online?
You can register by emailing email@example.com and let her know you are participating. Indicate MCPC as your team.
3. Or, send a note in the mail, along with your donations, to Habitat for Humanity/7 Rivers Maine, 126 Main Street, Suite #1, Topsham ME 04086. Indicate MCPC as your team.
Then, most importantly, plan to get out and take a walk!
You can walk anytime between Friday, May 15th and Tuesday, June 30th. Walk anywhere you choose, on your treadmill, around the house, your yard, the neighborhood, or on a trail, as long as you are safely distanced from others. Please send in your donations by June 30th.
Share your walk with us!
BE A DONOR:
There are two ways you can be a donor.
- Donations to the walk can be made by credit card online through the Virtual Spring Walk to Build event site here https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/habitat-spring-walk-to-build-2020. Find MCPC in the pull-down menu and then proceed with inputting credit/debit card information. You are encouraged to type in your name while donating so MCPC individual walkers can be identified.
- Donations can be mailed to Habitat for Humanity/7 Rivers Maine, 126 Main Street, Suite #1, Topsham ME 04086. Indicate MCPC as your team.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS WITH THE PROCESS:
Please contact Paul Brown as your VIRTUAL MCPC coordinator if you have any questions or comments.